|Dinner is served!|
Working a 9 to 5 job is a drainer and one of the challenges I face when I get home is whipping something up that is quick, easy and hopefully less dishes to clean up after.
This recipe is heaven-sent. It took me about 5 minutes to prep the ingredients and about 20 minutes to cook the meal.. only because I forgot to put the frozen prawns in earlier.
|Spanish Rice and Prawns|
- 1tsp vegetable oil or canola oil is fine
- Prawns, raw peeled or with tail on
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 250g chorizo, sliced
- 400g can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 red and 1 green capsicums (Bell pepper), sliced
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed/sliced
- Boiling water
- Salt + pepper to taste
|After work backyard dinner date|
How to make it:
- Put the kettle on.
- Put the onion, garlic, capsicum and chorizo in the pan and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, tomatoes and 2 and a half cups of boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and leave for about 5 minutes, stir and add the prawns in.
- Leave to cook until the rice is ready.
- This is optional but I like having the crusty burnt bit on the bottom of the pan so what i do is I turn the stove up for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Serves 5.
I also made virgin (alcohol-free) mojitos. It was really nice and refreshing on this 40 degree day.
I enjoyed making this recipe and setting up a cute little backyard dinner date for the boyfriend and I. It’s always nice to catch up after a long day at work and of being away from each other.
I hope you guys enjoy making this as much as I did.
If you end up making this, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear how you went.